Article for teachers/educators
As part of the preschool's quality work, there's often a desire to have examples of activities conducted within a thematic area. Therefore, there's the option to link the group's learning log as well as the child's learning logs to a preschool lesson plan to facilitate the follow-up work. The actual reflection and analysis can then be done either directly within the lesson plan or by linking one or more lesson plans to a learning log entry for the staff.
For other school levels, it's possible to link a student's own material to their individual lesson plan in a similar manner.
Linking a Learning Log entry to a group lesson plan (Preschool & After-school Care)
- Go to your group.
- Click on Planning and open the relevant plan (assigned to the group).
- Click on Choose Material. You'll now see the available material that can be linked.
- Check the box(es) for the learning logs you want to link, then close by clicking the cross in the upper right corner, and they'll be linked.
For a lesson plan assigned to the group, you can link the group's learning logs or individual children's learning logs.
Open the lesson plan.
Scroll down to Connected material and click Choose material.
Select the material you want to link and click Save.
Linking an individual child's plan to Learning logs or Agreements
Similarly, you can link material to an individual child's plans, but in this case, only that child's personal material can be connected. That includes learning logs and agreements.
- Go to the relevant child.
- Click on Planning and open the relevant plan (assigned to the child).
- Click on Choose material. You'll now see the available material that can be linked.
- Check the box(es) for the learning logs or agreements you want to link.
It's the same process as for a group but applied to an individual child or student.